from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To supply (furniture) with stuffing, springs, cushions, and covering fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fit padding, stuffing, springs, webbing and fabric covering to furniture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To furnish (rooms, carriages, bedsteads, chairs, etc.) with hangings, coverings, cushions, etc.; to adorn with furnishings in cloth, velvet, silk, etc..
- n. A broker.
- n. An upholsterer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To furnish with hangings, curtains, carpets, and the like, and, by extension, with furniture of different kinds.
- To provide with textile coverings, together with cushions, stuffing, springs, etc., as a chair or sofa.
- Hence To provide with any covering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide furniture with padding, springs, webbing, and covers
Back-formation from upholsterer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)