from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fabric, stuffing, and other materials used in upholstering.
- n. The craft, trade, or business of upholstering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The craft or business of upholstering furniture.
- n. The materials so used.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The articles or goods supplied by upholsterers; the business or work of an upholsterer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Furniture covered with textile material, and hangings, curtains, and the like: a general term for all such interior decorations and fittings as are made with textiles.
- n. The art or trade of using textiles, leather, and the like in making furniture, decorating an interior, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the craft of upholstering
- n. covering (padding and springs and webbing and fabric) on a piece of furniture
Sorry, no etymologies found.