from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being green; greenness.
- n. The green color of vegetation or leaves.
- n. Innocence or inexperience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being virid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Greenness; verdure; the color of grass and foliage.
- n. Freshness; soundness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Greenness; verdure; the state of having the color of fresh vegetation.
- n. In zoology, specifically, the greenness acquired by certain mollusks after feeding on viridigenous organisms; greening, as of the oyster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
Sorry, no etymologies found.