from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a vocation or vocations: vocational counseling.
- adj. Relating to, providing, or undergoing training in a special skill to be pursued in a trade: vocational students learning to operate a lathe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to a vocation
- adj. that provides a special skill rather than academic knowledge
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to a vocation or occupation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a vocation or occupation; especially providing or undergoing training in special skills
vocation + -al (Wiktionary)