from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person regarded as insignificant and pretentious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a young and cheeky or presumptuous person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A diminutive, insignificant, or presumptuous person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shallow, insignificant person; a whipster: also used attributively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous
Alteration (influenced by whip) of dialectal snippersnapper.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)