from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of whistle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from whistle, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sounding like a whistle: as, a whistling sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of whistling a tune
- n. the act of signalling (e.g., summoning) by whistling or blowing a whistle
- n. the sound made by something moving rapidly or by steam coming out of a small aperture
Sorry, no etymologies found.