from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small or rudimentary wing.
- n. A short, almost vertical stabilizing fin projecting from the tip of an aircraft wing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A winglike structure at a wingtip set at an angle to the plane of the wing designed to reduce drag by its effect on wingtip vortices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little wing; a very small wing.
- n. A bastard wing, or alula.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little wing.
- n. The pterygium, a lateral expansion on each side of the end of the rostrum, found in many weevils.
wing + -let (Wiktionary)