from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young person; a child or youth.
- n. A young animal.
- n. A member of the second-year class in the U.S. Naval Academy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A young person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A young person; a youngling; a lad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A young person; a lad: sometimes applied also to young animals, especially horses.
- n. A junior officer in a company, battery, or troop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a young person of either sex
Derived from young + -ster. (Wiktionary)