from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Bavaria.
- n. The High German dialect of Bavaria and Austria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Bavaria
- proper n. A German dialect spoken in Bavaria (a state of southern West Germany) and Austria, which varies considerably across different regions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Bavaria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Bavaria, a kingdom of southern Germany.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Bavaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or an inhabitant of Bavaria
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Bavaria or its people
It looks like an industrial building on the outside, but inside it is decorated in Bavarian-style wood panels and trim.
When it is stabilized with gelatin, chilled, and unmolded, it is called a Bavarian cream, as in Hazelnut Praline Bavarian Cream page 311.
Now, young girls are parading around in short Bavarian skirts, French maid outfits, and revealing cheerleader uniforms.
The greatest number in any one trip was by the "Bavarian" -- 2,893.
I didn't think much of the sponge cake, but that's ok as the Blue Devil aka Bavarian cream is the real star of the dish.
Never call a Bavarian racoon a German or else you are at risk of the Bavarian Alpine Tuba band coming to your door at 3:30a.
BURNS: Obviously, the papers here are paying great attention to the new pope, and in fact in Bavaria here, their headline is, of course, a Bavarian is the pope.
"Report to me right away, Bix," called the Bavarian Oberleutnant over the radio.
To-morrow, Franz Lipp the new foreign minister of the Soviets will telegraph to Berlin recalling the Bavarian ambassador; there _is_ one, you know -- a figurehead.
This was to be done by means of new educational laws and by the so-called Bavarian "social legislation".