from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Hungary or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Hungary.
- n. The Finno-Ugric language of the Magyars that is the official language of Hungary. Also called Magyar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to present-day Hungary, the ethnic Hungarian people or the Hungarian language.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the Kingdom of Hungary, during the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, regardless of ethnicity.
- n. A person from present-day Hungary or of ethnic Hungarian descent.
- n. A person from the former Kingdom of Hungary, during the Austro-Hungarian Empire, regardless of that person's ethnicity.
- proper n. The main language of Hungary.
- proper n. Hungarian notation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Hungary or to the people of Hungary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Hungary, a country and kingdom in central Europe, in the valley of the middle Danube, or to its inhabitants; Magyar.
- Freebooting; thievish; begging. “In a cant use found in old plays, the word apparently contains a double allusion to the freebooters of Hungary, that once infested the continent of Europe, and to the word hungry.”
- n. A native of Hungary, or a member of the Hungarian race; a Magyar. See Magyar.
- n. A freebooter; a thievish beggar.
- n. The language spoken by the Hungarians, belonging to the Finnic family of languages; Magyar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Hungary
- n. the official language of Hungary (also spoken in Rumania); belongs to the Ugric family of languages
- n. a native or inhabitant of Hungary
Hopefully, the peacefulness of Pride Parade 2009 will become a good tradition and the tolerance in Hungarian society to queer people will grow to the level that no fences will be needed in the future.
Hungarian is an Uralic language, which uses an extensive case system to eliminate many prepositions (i.e. noun ending tells you whether it is moving away from you, towards you, or the like).
[…] It's hard to believe, but the first round of court proceedings against the Hungarian Guard (Magyar Gárda in Hungarian) is finally over.
As mentioned by Blogs Bolivia [es], the blog is mostly written in Hungarian, but includes some interviews in Spanish [es] as well as English.
He says that someone in the previous posts had said something to the effect of (he paraphrases): Magyar (the family that Hungarian is the only surviving member of) being different from everything around it.
Hungarian is one of the few in Europe that is * not*.
Make Room! in Hungarian, this was my first HH book, and I loved it!
The German Catholic news site kathnews reports that the Hungarian Bishops 'Conference has disposed that the new corrected translation of the words of consecration for the chalice "pro multis" - "for many" - in Hungarian "sokakért" - is to be applied in Hungarian dioceses from Pentecost onwards.
Illes, commenting to reporters during a tour of the affected villages and the damaged reservoir, confirmed that the red sludge stored in Hungarian reservoirs had not been treated to reduce its alkalinity.
His obvious warm enthusiasm for this project was infectious and, having already composed a version in Hungarian, he now welcomed collaborators in the work of producing the Latin/English version.