from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Finland or its people, language, or culture.
- n. The Finno-Ugric language of the Finns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Finland.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Finnish language.
- proper n. The Finno-Ugric language spoken by the majority of the people living in Finland, one of the two official languages of the country (the other is Swedish).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Finland, to the Finns, or to their language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Finland or its inhabitants, or the Finnic race.
- n. The language spoken by the Finns proper, called by themselves Suomi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Finland or the people of Finland
- n. the official language of Finland; belongs to the Baltic Finnic family of languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The word for baptism in Finnish is kaste (which also means morning dew).
Bad covers would be most fantasy covers in Finnish, oh the Harry Potter ones are horrific.
Tried to run the service in Finnish, but got this message: F-Secure Health Check on jo käynnissä.
If you gave the blacks the test in Finnish, and the whites in English that would do it.
Via Tero Ykspetäjä we learn that The Road (Tie in Finnish) by Cormac McCarthy has won the Tähtivaeltaja Award, presented by the Helsinki Science Fiction Society for the best science fiction novel of 2008.
Firstly the Kuvastaja award, which is for fantasy written originally in Finnish, went to Nainen ja Kuningas (The Woman and The King) by Anni Nupponen.
Sure, it's in Finnish, so I can't actually read his words, but the pictures are pure gold.
According to another article (also in Finnish), the data was stored in plain text format, which is quite incredible for a site that big.
There was also another news item from Finland (article in Finnish) about 127,000 passwords, user names and e-mails leaking from a Finnish online-gaming site.
The first time I noticed this was with The Lord of the Rings, which was the first novel I read both in Finnish and English.