from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere containing the stars Castor and Pollux. Also called Twins.
- n. The third sign of the zodiac in astrology. Also called Twins.
- n. One who is born under this sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. : A constellation of the zodiac supposedly shaped like a pair of twins. It contains the stars Castor and Pollux.
- proper n. : The zodiac sign for the twins, ruled by Mercury and covering May 22 - June 21 (tropical astrology) or June 16 - July 15 (sidereal astrology).
- n. Someone with a Gemini star sign
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. A constellation of the zodiac, containing the two bright stars Castor and Pollux; also, the third sign of the zodiac, which the sun enters about May 20th.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A zodiacal constellation, giving its name to a sign of the zodiac, lying east of Taurus, on the other side of the Milky Way.
- (jem′ i-ni, according to the older E. pronunciation of Latin; also, corruptly, jim′ i-ni). [Also written geminy, gemony, jiminy; in the phrase O Gemini, or simply Gemini, i.e., by the Twins, i. e., Castor and Pollux; in E. orig. as an imitation of classical use, to swear by Castor and Pollux being a favorite oath of the Romans.] A word used as a form of mild oath or interjection.
- [Also spelled geminy, and sometimes used as a sing. noun.] A pair; specifically, a pair of eyes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Gemini
- n. a zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic
- n. the third sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about May 21 to June 20
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Have a tough week coming up, Gemini?
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): You may be feeling extra creative this week, Gemini, so put this talent to good use by writing a killer essay or perhaps creating a fabulous new cocktail.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): If you feel like you've been struggling to find the answer to a problem recently, Gemini, have no fear!
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): You may have to tone it down a bit this weekend, Gemini, in order to spare others 'feelings, since they may be feeling more sensitive.
Mark has Mars in Gemini, which is somewhat different.
Claire describes Kate as a Gemini (in Western astrology — the study of the movements of celestial bodies, a Gemini is a person born under the third sign of the zodiac).
The main Gemini version was a two-seater, and it was about like a two-seat car.
Gemini is pretty but looks jsut like a thousand other kids fantasy series nowadays.
Gemini is a frequent visitor to the tax department, being investigated or fined.
Wally Schirra never flew the "big" missions; he was never a star, but if it hadn't been for his work on Apollo and his rendezvous flight in Gemini 6A, the program would have suffered, and he lead the way for the rest of the missions.