from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or composed of animal fat; fatty.
- n. The fat found in adipose tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, related to, or composed of fat; fatty
- n. animal fat stored in the tissue of the body
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fat present in the cells of adipose tissue, composed mainly of varying mixtures of tripalmitin, tristearin, and triolein. It solidifies after death.
- adj. Of or pertaining to animal fat; fatty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fatty; consisting of, resembling, or having relation to fat.
- n. Fat in general; specifically, the fat on the kidneys.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. composed of animal fat
Since fat cells floated to the surface of the incubation medium, it proved a simple matter to separate and purify these cells from the mostly vascular cells in adipose tissue.
Korn had already established that the enzyme was present in adipose tissue.
The researchers revealed that the enzyme called adipose-specific phospholipase A2 (AdPLA) is found in abundance only in fat tissue.
In the human body, fat is present in the form of an independent tissue called adipose tissue.
Now, those fat cells get stored in something known as adipose tissue.
A small, fleshy fin called an adipose fin is found directly behind the dorsal fin in salmonids.
The kidney and its vessels are imbedded in a mass of fatty tissue, termed the adipose capsule, which is thickest at the margins of the kidney and is prolonged through the hilum into the renal sinus.
Cytori's approach is to use the stem cells that exist in fat tissue known as adipose tissue.
And when not needed for immediate energy such as when we zone out on the couch with chips and dip, triglycerides happily find a home in fat storage depots known as adipose tissue.
When the body is cold it produces brown fat known as adipose tissue which burns energy to create heat, it said.