from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person or animal lacking normal pigmentation, with the result being that the skin and hair are abnormally white or milky and the eyes have a pink or blue iris and a deep-red pupil.
- n. A plant that lacks chlorophyll.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. congenitally lacking melanin pigmentation in the skin, eyes, and hair or feathers (or more rarely only in the eyes); born with albinism
- n. person or animal congenitally lacking melanin pigmentation in the skin, eyes, and hair or feathers (or more rarely only in the eyes); one born with albinism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person, whether negro, Indian, or white, in whom by some defect of organization the substance which gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes is deficient or in a morbid state. An albino has a skin of a milky hue, with hair of the same color, and eyes with deep red pupil and pink or blue iris. The term is also used of the lower animals, as white mice, elephants, etc.; and of plants in a whitish condition from the absence of chlorophyll.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person of pale, milky complexion, with light hair and pink eyes.
- n. Hence An animal characterized by the same peculiarity in physical constitution.
- n. A plant the leaves of which are marked by the absence of chlorophyl, or whose flowers are exceptionally white. Seealbinism.
- n. In Mexico, a person who has one eighth negro and seven eighths Spanish blood; the child of a Morisco woman (who is the daughter of a mulatto mother and a Spanish father) and of a Spaniard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with congenital albinism: white hair and milky skin; eyes are usually pink
Yes | No | Report from maxwell wrote 40 weeks 3 days ago that albino is awesome.
Yes | No | Report from PSEbowhunter wrote 7 weeks 4 days ago they are very rare even more rare than in albino deer
MLH ... true albino fish do have pink eyes, but sometimes what makes fish look albino is a melanin deficiency.
The first poster is, however, even more seriously deluded and may, for all I know, believe also in albino assassin monks from a non-monastic society.
All may be lost, except for a certain albino named Zenith ...
But would you say that an albino is inferior to us?
In the swamp, a crazy minister with delusions of grandeur and twin albino boy geniuses who were sent off to learn genetics are trying to recreate the great Horned God of their ancestors and return prosperity to the swamp … (grin).
You are an albino, that is why you will not attend my wedding.
Never saw one myself but have heard stories of White Tail Deer around here that were white patched and some almost all white but not true albino, which is a total lack of pigment.
Experts believe it is probably an albino, which is an extremely rare phenomenon in African elephants.