from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Chiefly British Variant of analyze.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To subject to analysis.
- v. To resolve (anything complex) into its elements.
- v. To separate into the constituent parts, for the purpose of an examination of each separately.
- v. To examine in such a manner as to ascertain the elements or nature of the thing examined; as, to analyse a fossil substance, to analyse a sentence or a word, or to analyse an action to ascertain its morality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Same as analyze, analyzer, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Analysis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features
- v. break down into components or essential features
- v. subject to psychoanalytic treatment
- v. consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
A name, therefore, whether concrete or abstract, admits of definition, provided we are able to analyse, that is, to distinguish into parts, the attribute or set of attributes which constitute the meaning both of the concrete name and of the corresponding abstract: if a set of attributes, by enumerating them; if a single attribute, by dissecting the fact or phenomenon (whether of perception or of internal consciousness) which is the foundation of the attribute.
You know all about this betrayal but prefer not to 'analyse' it.
My problem is that, while I always check things in one of these above manners, I often work too fast and forget to "analyse" things.
Some felt it important to maintain a spelling link between related words, such as analyse and analyst.
 The Vulgate renders here, _cupio dissolvi_, as if _analysai_ meant, so to speak, to "analyse" myself into my elements, to separate my soul from my body.
The ANC, through its spokesperson Ishmael Mnisi, said on Sunday it would "analyse" the advert before commenting.
The recently launched I Write Like has one simple gimmick: You paste a few paragraphs that exemplify your writing, then click "analyse" and _ poof!
If rooks like eels on fire or octopus gotch many tentacles dench ish probe every holes thats why the word 'analyse' cum from ma. maybe chiu kena before, but they erase that part of ur memory .... nid to go for hypnosis to dig deeper into ur mind to find out ....
Are you're citing 'independent research' by two members of the Socialist Workers Party? i.e. they decide what it is biased to mention and then 'analyse' news in 'Indymedia stylee' to find precisely what they were looking for.
Don't spend all day calling agents about fees - pick three in your locality (local to the let property is best) and analyse which is the best one.