from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a breed of small hounds having short legs, drooping ears, and a smooth coat with white, black, and tan markings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small short-legged smooth-coated hound, often used for hunting hares. Often tri-coloured, its friendly disposition makes it suitable as a family pet.
- n. A person who snoops on others; a detective.
- v. To hunt with beagles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small hound, or hunting dog, twelve to fifteen inches high, used in hunting hares and other small game. See Illustration in Appendix.
- n. Fig.: A spy or detective; a constable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small hound, formerly kept to hunt hares, now almost superseded by the harrier, which is sometimes called by this name.
- n. Hence Figuratively, one who makes a business of scenting out or hunting down (a person or thing); a spy; a bailiff or sheriff's officer.
- n. A local name for several species of the smaller sharks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small short-legged smooth-coated breed of hound
This beagle is the perfect gift for the upcoming holidays.
Although I'm sure the beagle is the real trouble-maker, I can't give the beagle up because she is Monk's dog and we chose her.
A beagle is unlikely to have any effect on your deer herd.
I know its a little wierd to be celebrating a dogs b-day but my little huntin beagle has his first b-day on Feb. 6.
My current beagle is my first dog that I could say is truly a hunting dog.
My current beagle is named Lexi LuLu Bear (Damn ex-wife).
This is a kit to completely transform your beloved pug or beagle from a cute canine to the ultimate unicorn.
A beagle is one of the most social breeds of a very social animal. why is it perfectly OK to keep an animal as sensitive and complex as a beagle in a state of utter boredom and loneliness as if it were a lawnmower or some other machine for the convenience of its owner?
It's so much easier to have a dog who knows how to mind ... especially since the beagle is such an untamable pain in the ass.
If a beagle is crossed with an elkhound and then their offspring are crossed, some of those dogs will suffer from retinal degeneration and some won't.