from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two points or cusps, as the crescent moon.
- n. A bicuspid tooth, especially a premolar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two points.
- n. A tooth with two cusps; a premolar tooth. syn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two points or prominences; ending in two points; -- said of teeth, leaves, fruit, etc.
- n. One of the two double-pointed teeth which intervene between the canines (cuspids) and the molars, on each side of each jaw. See tooth, n.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two points, fangs, or cusps.
- Specifically applied — In geometry, to a curve having two cusps, In human anatomy, to the premolar teeth or false molars, of which there are two on each side above and below, replacing the milk-molars; to the mitral valve guarding the left auriculoventricular orifice of the heart, the corresponding right orifice being guarded by the tricuspid valve, In entomology, to a claw or mandible having two pointed processes or teeth. Also bicuspidal, bicuspidate.
- n. One of the premolars or false molars in man, of which there are in the adult two on each side, above and below, between the canines and the true molars. They are the teeth which succeed and replace the milk-molars of the child. Also bicuspis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having two cusps or points (especially a molar tooth)
- n. a tooth having two cusps or points; located between the incisors and the molars
Mine was caused by a congenital defect I was born with called a bicuspid aortic valve.
The auriculo-ventricular valve in the left side is composed of two flaps, hence it is called the bicuspid valve; in the right side this valve has three flaps and is called the tricuspid valve.
Boone will have the operation - technically called bicuspid aortic valve aneurysm surgery - at Stanford University Hospital in California, and he plans to schedule it in the coming days.
The left valve has two flaps and is called the bicuspid (or mitral) valve, while the right valve has 3 flaps and is called the tricuspid valve.
The first, or most anterior pre-molar of the lower jaw has one predominant cusp or cone; the second, like both in the upper jaw, is "bicuspid," or bi-tuberculate, as in man.
These were anchored to the one remaining tooth, a lower left bicuspid.
Sometimes children with this heart defect can also have a ventricular septal defect, a hole between the lower chambers of the heart, or a bicuspid aortic valve, which means the valve has two flaps instead of three.
First tooth arrives - a maxillary lateral incisor - though status-conscious parents describe it to relatives as a bicuspid.
The words: glop; rash; Lady Gaga; swerve; tapas; BP; ginormous; museum; dental; frisky; wireless; infomercial; asparagus; tuba; goalie; hyperventilate; pineapple; squishy; projectile; dinner; tea bag; harpsichord; Cuisinart; New Yorker cartoon; Metro; muskrat; vacation; Lindsay; strewn; ziti; zit; Secretariat; Tupperware; apple; escalator; trophy; Slurpee; effete; acid-free; parental control; venison; fastball; martini; status; otter; bicuspid; Fenty; anagram; chronic; Santa.
Got Bluetooth wireless implanted in my bicuspid today.