from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
- n. The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
- bliss out Slang To go into a state of ecstasy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. perfect happiness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Orig., blithesomeness; gladness; now, the highest degree of happiness; blessedness; exalted felicity; heavenly joy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Blitheness; gladness; lightness of heart.
- n. The highest degree of happiness, especially spiritual joy; perfect felicity; supreme delight; blessedness: often, specifically, the joy of heaven.
- n. Synonyms Felicity, Blessedness, etc. (see happiness), transport, rapture, ecstasy, blissfulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of extreme happiness
Our bliss, as far as the term bliss applies to a slave's situation, was now complete in this respect, for a season; for never had we been so pleasantly situated before; but, reader, behold its cruel termination.
Narrative of Henry Box Brown, Who Escaped from Slavery Enclosed in a Box 3 Feet Long and 2 Wide. Written from a Statement of Facts Made by Himself. With Remarks Upon the Remedy for Slavery. By Charles Stearns
If this propaganda bliss is anything like their last one:
Instead, when my heartis burdened by tragedy or in bliss reaching new milestones my penflows in flurries, in agile verse, in melodic turns and phrases.
I was in bliss until the wife and kids won over about 8 years ago.
What do you do when following your bliss is financially scary?
Only the personal world of domestic bliss is real.
Every time I visited, I purchased a little paper cone of goodies — Kätzchen and other varieties, some süß, some salzig — and wandered and munched in bliss for hours.
I know so many people who are only in bliss when they are miserable.
I want to experience every elation, every sadness, every quixotic moment in bliss because it is what life is made of.
He had his arm draped over her and an expression of bliss, winning the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, and on Monday night dining with the Queen of England at the White House.