from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being prosperous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being prosperous, of having good fortune
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being prosperous; advance or gain in anything good or desirable; successful progress in any business or enterprise; attainment of the object desired; good fortune; success
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being prosperous; good fortune in any business or enterprise; success in respect of anything good or desirable: as, agricultural or commercial prosperity; national prosperity.
- n. Synonyms Good fortune, weal, welfare, well-being. See prosperous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an economic state of growth with rising profits and full employment
- n. the condition of prospering; having good fortune
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We see many levels of society, which reveals that the original patrons who commissioned these works, and who owed their prosperity to the maritime trades, wanted to document every social class that contributed to that prosperity. "
Too often the term prosperity gets hijacked to mean nothing more than an elusive state of temporary bliss and positive karma.
Right, the way you personally attain prosperity is not by getting 4.2% annual raises from your current employer but by getting a 30% raise offer from another employer that your current employer must match or lose you.
The small difference between the two is what we call prosperity.
He thinks that the best way to prosperity is to create massive deflation.
The Palestinians 'best route to prosperity is to join rather than replace Israel's stable system of government and robust economy.
If our prosperity is the main culprit in our epidemic of obesity - and most evidence suggests that it is - then our growing girth isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Nevertheless, one must bear in mind that this prosperity is the best protection against Communist infiltration from the East; that if it came to an end masses of unemployed could easily be ready to believe in extremist doctrines.
Likewise, the direct harm caused by our consumer, policy, and business decisions is not the fault of our trade partners, but the responsibility of those perpetrating the actions - exploitative businesses, the government's that those businesses lobby for profitable trade policies, and we, the citizens, who value what we call prosperity over the human rights of other nations affected.
Beyond Italy's fiscal solidity, many analysts say Italy should be more worried about its long-term prosperity.