from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very long inhalation of smoke, particularly marijuana.
- n. Excess.
- n. One given to excess, whether good or ill.
- n. An obnoxious, selfish and overbearing person; an attention hog.
- n. A disappointment.
- n. The first cup of brewed coffee collected from under the coffee filter. Also, a cup of very strong coffee, much the same as espresso.
- v. To selfishly take or keep something; to hog; especially to hold a joint (marijuana) dangling between the lips instead of passing it on.
- v. To get something by bullying, intimidation; be a tough guy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It begins, of course, with a shrine to Pong ... and from there, visitors go wherever they like -- playing whatever they want, or whatever they can bogart from the sticky-fingered youngsters who think Donkey Kong has something to do with mules.
BUtif someone is passing around a shared smoke, then to "bogart" means ot hog it as if it was yours alone.
Filed under Celluloid, Roundup, Vinyl · Tagged with dolly parton, humphrey bogart
Filed under Celluloid, Roundup, Vinyl · Tagged with alien, humphrey bogart, sigourney weaver
(Soundbite of laughter) SAGAL: And only the shop steward can bogart it.
Robin (of CrossFit Regina fame) found another version, so I decided to bogart it.
People were always trying to crash or bogart the concert.
We ended up having to bogart a bottle of bitters -- a really old bottle of bitters -- out of Tina's personal stash in Brooklyn, yet another reason to thank God for producer Tina.
"I want you to know that I have not spoken to the press and it was never my intent to bogart or jam you against a wall."
LMAO What about those meds your holdin out on me, come on dude dont bogart that joint!!