from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Poorly crystallized diamonds used for industrial cutting and abrasion.
- n. A carbonado.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Poor quality diamond, used for industrial cutting or abrasion; a poorly crystallized diamond.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Imperfectly crystallized or coarse diamonds, or fragments made in cutting good diamonds which are reduced to powder and used in lapidary work.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A collective name for diamonds of inferior quality, especially such as have a radiating crystallization, so that they will not take a polish.
- n. An amorphous variety of diamond, brown, gray, or black in color, and known also as black diamond or carbonado, found massive in Brazil in association with pure diamonds.
The black diamonds, called bort, are used mainly for arming diamond drills and for polishing other diamonds.
In the diamond industry, the term "bort" is used for diamonds that have a rough, rounded form and which lack a distinct cleavage.
a steel bar, the first blow broke the blade without affecting the diamond, yet a piece of bort, or diamond dust, splinters, or defective diamonds (all these being called bort), may readily be pulverised in a hard steel mortar with a hard steel pestle.
The best plan is to procure a bit of "bort" which has been used in a diamond drill, and whose properties have therefore been tested to some extent.
Detta är mycket effektivt sätt att ta bort våra demokratiska västerländska samhället – och våra nordiska ländernas regeringar är helt verkar under denna agenda.
Ai alsew bort sum BPoundz – befaw teh boddem drawpz rite owt ov ower $$ !
Teh hamberger ai bort tehre didnut agree wib mi nd ai felt woozy nd cort teh trayn hoam !
Ai bort teh cuuk-buk nawt knoen wot tu egg spekt !
Wos part ob a 4pack an ai didnawt realyse wen a bort it, ai willnawt du dat agen.
Sew we bort sum yummee Thai fud foar dinna insted.