from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of calling back from one location or situation to the previous one: a callback of laid-off auto workers.
- n. A return telephone or radio call.
- n. A recall of a recently sold product by the manufacturer to correct a defect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The return of a situation to a previous position or state.
- n. A return telephone or radio call; especially one made automatically to authenticate a logon to a computer network
- n. A product recall because of a defect or safety concern.
- n. A function pointer passed to another function that the latter can call for notification purposes.
- n. a follow-up audition (casting)
- n. a joke which references an earlier joke in the same routine
Your callback will be used within the main form, so you must not include any tags or a form submit button. register_widget_control ($name, $callback [, $width [, $height]]);
I think FilmDrunkard of the week must go to RoboPanda, for a series of gems, beginning with a Bruce Greenwood callback from the STRANGE WILDERNESS HAS A TRAILER thread: Did you know that:
I missed the first callback from the nurse callcentre practitioner.
Didn't get a callback from the instemming, but again, doesn't matter.
If it calls the callback with false, (or if it doesn't call it at all), the shutdown sequence will continue.
After the add. php script successfully inserts the data into the database, it calls the callback function.
The faq. pygtk example isn’t likely to block because it doesn’t write () as your code snippet do, and only display 100 bytes (less than a single tcp packet, should be fully available in one shot when the read callback is triggered or soon after).
Mr. Turkewitz declined to give us a straight answer on this score, so, pending callback from the White House, we’ve taken the itemdown.]
The move was in no way related to the activities of so-called callback operators whereby South African subscribers can use link-ups to get calls to foreign destinations charged at the cheaper rates applicable in the United States.