from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A branched, decorative lighting fixture that holds a number of bulbs or candles and is suspended from a ceiling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A branched, often ornate, lighting fixture suspended from the ceiling
- n. A fictional bidder used to increase the price at an auction. Also called a wall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A candlestick, lamp, stand, gas fixture, or the like, having several branches; esp., one hanging from the ceiling.
- n. A movable parapet, serving to support fascines to cover pioneers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A branched cluster of lights suspended from a ceiling by means of a tubular rod (as is usual when gas is used), or by a chain or other device.
- n. In fortification, a movable parapet, serving to support fascines to cover pioneers.
- n. A tallowchandler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. branched lighting fixture; often ornate; hangs from the ceiling
They hung a plug-in chandelier from a hook in the ceiling, and created a soothing eating area away from the kitchen.
Right now, the tampon chandelier is only soaking up the gazes of art lovers, and will continue to do so until the Belem Cultural Center exhibition ends, on May 18, 2010.
The monster-sized chandelier is actually composed of hundreds of white O.B. tampons.
Called “The Bride” this chandelier is right now in a gallery in Lisbon.
After all, any office with a chandelier is destined for greatness!
The chandelier is large and hangs down a few inches about my head so, anyone taller will have to watch their noggin.
This chandelier is beautiful, probably not very practical!
I agree with nataJane … I think the old chandelier is used as an accent in contrast to the modern design of the house.
Chandelier adds irony and certain balance to the house, keeping it classic and gold accentuates this balance. after all, theres nothing like a classical gold chandelier is there? bogdan on 09 Feb 2009 at 1: 32 pm #
The chandelier is beautiful and while I can admire it, it just doesn't say "home."