from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A creeping perennial herb (Rubus chamaemorus) in the rose family, native to northern regions of North America and Eurasia and having white flowers and edible yellowish fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of slow-growing bramble.
- n. The fruit of these plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of raspberry (Rubus Chamæmerous) growing in the northern regions, and bearing edible, amber-colored fruit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of dwarf raspberry, Rubus Chamæmorus, with a creeping root-stock and simple stem, from 4 to 8 inches high.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creeping raspberry of north temperate regions with yellow or orange berries
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A cloudberry is a wild raspberry with large orange fruit.
Other berries such as cloudberry and lingonberry ( '' V. vitis-idaea '') are said to have declined in the last 30 years .
Which is fine, because it's not like there were things I wanted to do this week other than curling up on the sofa and trying to get and keep something in my system that has more substance in it than cloudberry tisane.
It would be a close call between brownie cheesecake and cloudberry cheesecake … I think I have to go for cloudberry though because I can only make it when I am lucky enough to have some nice relative send me some jam …
Ms. Rowe also imports cloudberry preserves, which is the berry's most common format in Scandinavia.
The Swedish food section in IKEA stores sell cloudberry jam, which Swedes often serve with hot waffles.
In Poulsbo, Wash., MorMor Bistro & Bar tops cheesecake with cloudberry preserves infused with Riesling wine and orange zest.
Something of the gold in the cloudberry champagne swirled within the liquid of her voice and warmed everyone who listened: it was faint, but you could see it if you realized what to look for.
The Cloudberry Dream, shown at left, is a sweet crepe prepared with cloudberry cream.
Bjørn had cloudberry gelato – he said it was the nommiest ever… and licorice – not so enthusiastic about that wun – it was just ok…