from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large scaleless marine eels of the family Congridae, especially Conger oceanicus, native to Atlantic waters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several scaleless marine eels, of the genus Conger, found in coastal waters
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The conger eel; -- called also congeree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The conger-eel.
- [capitalized] [NL. (Cuvier, 1817).] A genus of fishes, of which the conger-eel is the type, ex-emplifying the family Congridæ. See cut under conger-eel.
- n. See the extracts.
- n. A local English (Lincolnshire) name of the cucumber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large dark-colored scaleless marine eel found in temperate and tropical coastal waters; some used for food
As very large eels, after having migrated, never return to the river again, they must (for it cannot be supposed that they all die immediately in the sea) remain in salt water; and there is great probability that they are then confounded with the conger, which is found from a few ounces to one hundred pounds in weight.
You're going to hear a lot of noise from the conservatives and the religious right spouting a lot of stuff and nonsense that the only way to raise a family is with a mommy and a daddy and picket fences and station wagons and all the other patriarchal stereotypes that they conger up.
The food court here is a fantastic place for an informal lunch, featuring all manner of barely recognisable sea critters, from spiky sea urchins to conger eel.
Water shield and pickled conger dressed with vinegar soy sauce
Appliances are powered by conger eel voltage organs, genetically modified to grow parasitically inside Gerde's own muscles.
Lists of accusations include avoiding eating squid, octopus, eel and conger-eel as well as rabbit, hare or wild boar.
Soo manee grate mynds arownd tonite – conger rats to awl
Ohai Q, conger atulashuns on teh ty fur nawt sekund plaice dis morening.
It's assaulting not just because of their desperate grasping for any blight or stain they can conger up at this eleventh hour, but unseemly in the obvious attempt to tear down Obama with blatant distortions and lies at all costs, to slow his ascent, instead of banging hard on issues and ideas of their own to dig out of their hole.
Young waiters murmur excuses as they bring course after course: slices of sea bream and fluffy, snow-white conger sailing on a miniature boat of ice, eggplant and broiled river eel, wisps of ivory-colored noodles in chilled soy broth.