from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.
- n. Explosives, especially when designed or used as weapons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the action of demolishing or destroying, in particular of buildings or other structures
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of overthrowing, pulling down, or destroying a pile or structure; destruction by violence; utter overthrow; -- opposed to construction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of overthrowing, pulling down, or destroying, as a structure; hence, destruction or ruin in general: as, the demolition of a house or of military works; the demolition of a theory.
- n. In French law, abatement; annulment: as, an action in demolition of a servitude or a nuisance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of demolishing
- n. an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something
The OPFOR uses the term demolition in reference to the destruction of buildings and engineer works (bridges, fortifications, roads).
The Rivers State government asserts that the demolition is necessary to implement an urban renewal project initiated in 2009.
Massive demolition is their calling card, not only the rubble, shattered glass and fire they themselves make from everyday household items, but their own blasted body parts which occur when the X-Men tear into them.
Navy SEALs, special forces, experts in demolition and underwater work.
Guerrilla for puzzle brand Ravensburger where demolition spaces were used to communicate, here giant puzzle boxes with known buildings were places in demolition spaces.
You see, the caveat to the demolition is that the historical facades will be retained for the five - and ten-story structures to come.
'The Way of All Flesh is an exercise in demolition - nothing more.'
Owner of the complex also said Pull building 7″ which in demolition lingo means blow it up!
But, ironically, the “development” that supposedly required her home’s demolition is a shambles.
They say the demolition is another act of discrimination by the Jewish state against the Arab minority.