from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Separated at the joints.
- adj. Out of joint; dislocated.
- adj. Lacking order or coherence: disjointed sentences.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not connected, coherent, or continuous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Separated at the joints; disconnected; incoherent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the joints or connections separated: as, a disjointed fowl; hence, disconnected; incoherent: as, a disjointed discourse.
- Out of joint; out of order or sorts; badly jointed together.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking orderly continuity
- adj. separated at the joint
- adj. taken apart at the joints
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Todd Taylor The owners spent a year turning what they call a "disjointed" 1950s California ranch house that was made "Italianesque" in the 1980s into this Tuscan-style retreat in Orinda, Calif.
Photos: A Private Retreat in the Suburbs Todd Taylor The house, above, is up a private drive DETAILS: The owners spent a year turning what they call a "disjointed" 1950s California ranch house that was made "Italianesque" in the 1980s into this Tuscan-style retreat.
Schmid used the word "disjointed" to describe the offensive showing, particularly in the four-man, diamond-shaped midfield.
– The beginning is disjointed from the rest of the plot.
I still feel a couple of moments were disjointed from the main story, but it's forgivable since I really got sucked into the novel from cover to cover.
That will only occur many presidencies from now, when we are emotionally disjointed from the previous administration, and I believe that it will be my children who judge Bush.
But when the following movies feel disjointed from the original I feel that the viewer becomes de-immersed from the world.
I found the wrap-up disjointed from the story preceding it.
This is a shoddy book written in disjointed flashback and it simply isn't worth your time.
It was already done, he said, explaining his motives in short, disjointed sentences.