from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or practice of spying or of using spies to obtain secret information, as about another government or a business competitor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of learning secret information through clandestine means.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The practice or employment of spies; the practice of watching the words and conduct of others, to make discoveries, as spies or secret emissaries; secret watching.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice of spying; secret observation of the acts or utterances of another by a spy or emissary; offensive surveillance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the systematic use of spies to get military or political secrets
Peruvian-Chilean relations have been generally good of late and Peruvian officials including Defense Minister Luis Alberto Otarola avoided the word "espionage" when questioned by reporters about the arrests of Serain and Pizarro.
As far as economic espionage is concerned, no laws were broken in the acquisition of the item.
Cole engages in espionage, sets up traps and otherwise wreaks havoc with navy ships that wander in his part of the universe.
Paranoid and violent U.S. university espionage is closely related to institutional brutality.
The one thing allies have always done is engage in espionage against each other, particularly industrial espionage.
Mockingbird worked in espionage with SHIELD and who knows who else and just came back from years of abduction, but has no real history with Spidey.
Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage, or in terrorist activities, or genocide, or between 1933 and 1945, were involved in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies?
He receives training in espionage, in combat, in all manner of spycraft, but when a mysterious “iron fog” begins immobilizing entire CITIES, the time for training is over …
She is also well-trained in espionage and tactical planning.
Bob Ho (Jackie Chan) is an undercover CIA superspy who decides to give up his career in espionage to settle down with his next-door neighbor and girlfriend, Gillian.