from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An insignificant or childish lie.
- intransitive v. To tell a fib. See Synonyms at lie2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lie, especially one that is more or less inconsequential.
- v. To lie, especially more or less inconsequentially.
- n. Short form of fibula.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A falsehood; a lie; -- used euphemistically.
- intransitive v. To speak falsely.
- transitive v. To tell a fib to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A lie; specifically, a white lie; a venial falsehood, told to save one's self or another from embarrassment.
- To say what is not true; lie, especially in a mild or comparatively innocent way.
- To tell a fib to; lie to.
- To beat of strike, especially by delivering a succession of short rapid blows.
- To deliver a succession of short rapid blows.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a trivial lie
- v. tell a relatively insignificant lie
* And: Ben Adler points out that O'Donnell's Oxford fib is especially ironic and amusing, because "conservatives and Republicans are famously suspicious of educational credentials and disdainful of cultural (as opposed to economic) elites."
I thought of all the evil deeds of my short life – of pinching Felix to make him cry out at family prayers, of playing truant from Sunday School and going fishing one day, of a certain fib – no, no away from this awful hour with all such euphonious evasions – of a lie I had once told, of many a selfish and unkind word and thought and action.
Euros attained 1.3008 on Friday just blipping above the 61.8 med term fib level.
They will re-instate longs then on a break above 10750, which clears the long term fib of 10744.
So sell into strength to these higher levels, this time leaving stops above the 75% short term fib of 1.5040.
Cable faltered on the topside and came lower then for the med term fib level of 1.5069 reaching 1.5066.
Would expect rallies from this point at least back to yesterdays highs of 4624 which is again one of your short term fib levels.
Oil is currently trading above its 25\% short term fib level of 4834. making a base on the short term charts.
Currently you are seeing corrective pressure from the sellers kick in with the first short term fib level of 1.3358 virtually attained.
However if this region is lost look for the market to come lower with 4854 / 50 your first short term fib level.