from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 14 + 1.
- n. The 15th in a set or sequence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after fourteen (14) and before sixteen (16).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Five and ten; one more than fourteen.
- n. The sum of five and ten; fifteen units or objects.
- n. A symbol representing fifteen units, as 15, or xv.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Five more than ten, or one more than fourteen: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The sum of ten and five, or fourteen and one.
- n. A symbol representing fifteen units, as 15, XV, or xv.
- n. Same as fifteenth, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being one more than fourteen
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of fourteen and one
Pleasures_ was published -- 1682-1683 -- the following work was registered at Stationers 'Hall: _The Woman's Advocate, or fifteen real comforts of matrimony, being in requital of the late fifteen_ sham _comforts_.
_Only_ five (fifteen) came yesterday, "which might mean," I don't mind a _few_; _only_ don't bring so many as _fifteen_; "or else
The official rules are "list fifteen books that had the most profound impact on you - ones you can think of in fifteen minutes or less."
SO you should make a list of the books that have most impacted your life, that you can think of in fifteen minutes ...
WiMAX known by just one in fifteen Japanese | 世論 What Japan Thinks
It was selected as a Target Bookmarked pick, and has been published in fifteen countries.
Earlier this year, we brought you news about the on-line project to recreate "Star Wars" in fifteen second clips.
Ratings for the 2009-2010 period were released Thursday, and "Nightline" emerged as the late night ratings leader for the first time in fifteen years.
Nominators are members of teen book groups in fifteen school and public libraries around the country.
Taylor gave him an address a few blocks away, and told him to be there in fifteen minutes.