from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shallow place in a body of water, such as a river, where one can cross by walking or riding on an animal or in a vehicle.
- transitive v. To cross (a body of water) at a ford.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A location where a stream is shallow and the bottom has good footing, making it possible to cross from one side to the other with no bridge, by walking, riding, or driving through the water; a crossing.
- v. To cross a stream using a ford.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place in a river, or other water, where it may be passed by man or beast on foot, by wading.
- n. A stream; a current.
- transitive v. To pass or cross, as a river or other water, by wading; to wade through.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass or cross, as a river or other body of water, by walking on the bottom; pass through by wading.
- n. A place in a river or other body of water where it may be passed or crossed by man or beast on foot, or by wading.
- n. A stream to be crossed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. son of Henry Ford (1893-1943)
- n. a shallow area in a stream that can be forded
- v. cross a river where it's shallow
- n. grandson of Henry Ford (1917-1987)
- n. United States manufacturer of automobiles who pioneered mass production (1863-1947)
- n. United States film maker (1896-1973)
- n. the act of crossing a stream or river by wading or in a car or on a horse
- n. English writer and editor (1873-1939)
- n. 38th President of the United States; appointed vice president and succeeded Nixon when Nixon resigned (1913-)
GOL, a ford is a shallow place in a watercourse that people can walk through.
The flight to the ford is one of his more heroic moments, and it would have been out of keeping with his movie self if when he's wounded and sick he suddenly turns into his book self.
TrackBack URI best regards, nice info email marketing solution high blood pressure diovan hct payday loan american wedding album invitations travel spain ford dodge ball tennis tickets dvd media player law schools spam filters baby zyrtec
In the tithe map this ford is marked, the only one in that neighbourhood, and the cottage is also marked exactly in the position mentioned by Fanny, the only building so placed.
Their approach could easily be seen; for, as their road, after crossing the ford from the trans-jordanic district, led along the south side of the mountains of
Spots were allotted to the patricians and knights where they could each build for themselves stands-called "ford" - from which to view the Games.
i think ford is fed up with this small unsuccessfull movies in last 10 years (beside indy). mainly, i think he wants to do this for 3 reasons
The word ford still exists in "Oxford 'and in the German town's name of Frankfurt.
No doubt, that your fiancé simply does not want to take namely the ford — to settle in US ...
Is there anyone who has better troll bait — not quite the right word ford it I know — pieces in the liberal bloggoshere?