from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A specialist in grammar.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. a person who studies grammar

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. One versed in grammar, or the construction of languages; a philologist.
  • n. One who writes on, or teaches, grammar.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One versed in grammar or the structure of language; a philologist.
  • n. One who writes upon or teaches grammar.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a linguist who specializes in the study of grammar and syntax


grammar + -ian (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.