from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cavalryman armed with a lance.
- n. A member of a regiment originally armed with lances.
- n. A kind of quadrille.
- n. The music for this dance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cavalry soldier armed with a lance weapon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who lances; one who carries a lance; especially, a member of a mounted body of men armed with lances, attached to the cavalry service of some nations.
- n. A lancet.
- n. A set of quadrilles of a certain arrangement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who carries a lance; a soldier armed with a lance.
- n. One who lances.
- n. A lancet.
- n. plural A popular set of quadrilles, first used in England about 1820. Also lanciers.
- n. Music for such a set of dances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (formerly) a cavalryman armed with a lance
But no matter the rumors, he was known as a lancer of surpassing skill and surpassing power, and no Knight wanted to draw his lot when the tournament began.
Smoldering beneath the pleasant exterior and the uniform of a lancer is a magus - or a lancer with the power of a second-level adept.
At Hulagur's call the lancer rode up to the waiting Apache, stretched out a booted foot in the heavy stirrup, and held down a hand to bring
In any Polish dictionary they would have found the word defined as meaning "lancer," and the Uhlans in the Austrian army can hardly be described as modern
I'm only commenting because word verification came up as, no shit, 'lancer'.
The differences between a member of the BSO and a talented free-lancer are very important.
Simply drawn rape or bloody lancer slitting action with fountains of blood, i dont see a difference.
We enjoyed the spirit and verve of Andrew Cuomo's speech: the young lancer laying out the problem and part of his plan if there be a plan; the Albany veterans, expressing verbal support and encouragement, the infighting necessarily left for another day and a place outside public view.
I taught college courses in Economics and Political Science (I've a Ph. D) and I've written as a free-lancer for various publications.
Earnings vary, depending on whether you are employed by a company, a studio or as a free-lancer.