from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of liter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The metric unit of fluid measure, equal to one cubic decimetre. Symbols: l, L, ℓ
- n. A measure of volume equivalent to a litre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as liter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See liter.
- n. In heraldry, a black band, supposed to represent the knightly belt, charged with the arms of the defunct, and painted on the wall of a church or chapel at the time of the funeral.
- n. A small tree of Chili, Rhus caustica, with very hard wood, used for axletrees, cogs, and furniture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of capacity, formerly defined as the volume of one kilogram of pure water under standard conditions; now equal to 1,000 cubic centimeters (or approximately 1.75 pints)
LG, just remember a litre is approximately a quart, 20 degrees is room tempertature, and get yourself a dual speedometer, and you'll be fine.
How much water in litre this parabolic solar still can produce in one day? and what is estimated cost of this in US$??
These pollutants, coupled with an iron content of 12mg per litre, which is 40 times the World Health Organisation's maximum level, have thrown the dam's ecosystem off balance, E2000 information officer Emmanuel Koro told IPS.
[Footnote 1: A litre is a cube the sides of which are 3-7/8 in.]
"The effective Shell wholesale price was 124.37, which meant they were making a retail margin of over 19 cent a litre, which is extraordinarily high."
"The effective Shell wholesale price was 124.37, which meant they were making a retail margin of over 19 cents-a-litre, which is extraordinarily high," he said.
Diesel prices are now 123.3 cents per litre, which is also hitting recent highs.
The opening of a new Costco gas bar in the city has led to regular unleaded gasoline being sold for as low as 116.9 cents per litre, which is 13 cents cheaper than the maximum level set by the Energy and Utilities Board.
Coles $1 milk good for consumers - inquiry A DECISION by supermarket giant Coles to cut the price of milk to $1 a litre has been a win for consumers that had not badly affected Australia's dairy industry, a Senate inquiry has concluded.
If petrol prices are decontrolled, the rates would go up by Rs. 3.35 per litre and diesel by Rs. 3.45 per litre, which is the difference between the retail price and imported cost.