from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A metal wire or stylet inserted into a flexible catheter to give it shape and firmness while passing through a hollow tubular structure.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A stiff wire used to give shape and rigidity to a soft catheter during its introduction.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Ow.

    January 27, 2011

  •, ruzuzu.

    January 27, 2011

  • or...

    January 26, 2011

  • This might need to go on the "worse than it sounds" list....

    January 26, 2011