from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To inflict damage, especially disfiguring damage, on.
- transitive v. To impair the soundness, perfection, or integrity of; spoil.
- n. A disfiguring mark; a blemish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To spoil, to damage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small lake. See mere.
- transitive v. To make defective; to do injury to, esp. by cutting off or defacing a part; to impair; to disfigure; to deface.
- transitive v. To spoil; to ruin.
- n. A mark or blemish made by bruising, scratching, or the like; a disfigurement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deface or disfigure; injure by cutting, breaking, abrading, crushing, etc.; impair in form or substance.
- To impair in quality or attributes; affect injuriously; damage the character, value, or appearance of; harm.
- n. A blot; a blemish; an injury.
- n. An abbreviation of March;
- n. of maritime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make imperfect
- n. a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body)
- v. destroy or injure severely
- n. the month following February and preceding April
I couldn't help asking him whether there had been nothing to mar the pleasure of their stay in Altruria, and he answered: "Well, I don't know as you could rightly say _mar; _ it hadn't ought to have.
For their mar is a sweet lady – a real feelin 'lady is their mar.
The focal point of Leiton's El desierto renace en el mar is a fish painted in earth tones that contains a series of abstract forms within its outline.
For instance, she says that her work entitled El desierto renace en el mar is a "visual metaphor," which was inspired by these verses of Cortázar's XVII:
There were words to describe the stepmother/father in French: marâtre and paråtre.
As the story goes, Jacob sees a beautiful woman named Rachel tending sheep one day, and he goes to ask her father Laban for her hand in marriage.
Then Veronica mar was the first show i came across that has all the thing i hope for in a show, wit, a little darkness, spunk, drama, just enough romance, and actually makes you think a little.
The momentary hint of a smile touched the second man's lips and vanished, but his dark eyes changed not at all, nor did the faintest hint of expression mar his smooth golden-brown skin.
Legorno to Castilla de la mar, which is but 16 milesfrom Naples, and the ready way to Candia, you may lade hoopes, which will cost carolins of Naples 27 and a halfe the thousand, which is ducats two and a halfe of Spaine.
Then there came some that told Jehosh'aphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Haz'azonta'mar, which is Enge'di.