from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shade of pale red-orange.
- n. Linens and cloths dyed such a shade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pale red color, with a cast of orange.
- n. Fine linen or crape dyed of this color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light-red color; scarlet.
- n. A crape or fine linen fabric dyed fugitively of this tint, and used by women to give a roseate hue to their complexions.
As a finish to the ornament, a little gold clasp was needed; fortunately I possessed it in the fastening of my sole necklace; I duly detached and re-attached it, then coiled compactly the completed guard; and enclosed it in a small box I had bought for its brilliancy, made of some tropic shell of the colour called "nacarat," and decked with a little coronal of sparkling blue stones.
“nacarat,” and decked with a little coronal of sparkling blue stones.