from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To treat with excessive indulgence: pampered their child.
- transitive v. To give in to; gratify: He pampered his ambition for wealth and fame.
- transitive v. Archaic To indulge with rich food; glut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To treat with excessive care, attention or indulgence.
- v. To feed luxuriously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To feed to the full; to feed luxuriously; to glut.
- transitive v. To gratify inordinately; to indulge to excess.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To treat luxuriously; indulge with rich food or with luxurious ease and comforts; gratify to the full with whatever delights or ministers to ease and luxurious living.
- To indulge one's self.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. treat with excessive indulgence
He started to wire her money so that she could "pamper" herself and said things that made her feel "special."
I had been putting it off, but I knew that if there was a time to "pamper" myself, it was now.
Five: Running with Greg's use of the word "pamper," McCain's sense of manhood is threatened by being Mr. Cindy McCain (they are her houses) and the POW narrative restores this idea that yes, gawddamit, I'm a man's man.
Whilst it is most important that nothing should be done to give colour to the idea sedulously promoted by the Hindu politician that Government intend to favour, or, as he generally puts it, to "pamper," the
Dogs are not little furry people, and much of what humans do to "pamper" their dogs is unhealthy and makes them miserable rather than happy.
On Thursday, Feb. 5, Canine to Five is hosting a small dog "pamper" party to debut its new small dog area.
A couple of local businesses are trying to provide options for parents to "pamper" their babies and go green at the same time.
"When big schools come and you visit, they show you what they are made of and they kind of pamper you, and it's nice to have big schools fighting over you, so it's made me love it."
The new boutique at the cancer center will "pamper" women who are diagnosed with the disease,
Organiser Catherine Tyson is hoping to "pamper" and "motivate" women through the "Me in My Life" seminar scheduled for 5-7 December at the South Sound Civic Centre in Grand Cayman.