from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chiefly British Of little importance; trivial.
- adj. Chiefly British Slightly intoxicated.
- adj. Chiefly British Somewhat silly or crazy; addlebrained.
- n. A small pot for use as a toilet by an infant or young child.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Insane.
- n. A chamber pot used by young children while learning control of their bladder and bowels.
- n. A toilet bowl. Can be used as essentially a synonym of toilet or bathroom in some phrases, e.g. potty parity, potty mouth, potty humor.
- v. Variant of go potty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. slightly intoxicated
- n. a receptacle for urination or defecation in the bedroom
- adj. (British informal) trivial
- n. a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- adj. marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness
Purloining a potty from a vacant construction site seemed to be the answer.
But the peeing on the potty is fine: Bub still does it sitting down (in which case the method is to say "penis pointing down" several times a day), but when it's time for him to learn to do it standing up, apparently the trick is to put Cheerios in the potty and get him to aim for them.
And both my best friends are hip deep in potty-seats, potty-songs, and my personal favorite, potty-parties.
ST has NO INTEREST in potty training, although he tells us when he has to go and has gone in the potty (standing up, like Dad!) a few times -- he always tells me "No, Mom, I'll just use my diaper."
The one that is actually worth mentioning* is the “language” thing …. as in potty-language.
Luckily my daugther’s potty is right beside the bottom of the stairs and that is always way more interesting.
I thought there might actually be a dance I wasn ' t aware of called the potty dance, sort of like the Macarena, but a pink-cheeked Charmin representative what are you supposed to call them — toilet associates? tissue experts? told me it ' s an entirely improvised set of steps where you have to go so bad.
The First Years 3-in-1 Flush and Sounds potty seatsThe recalled potty chairs have a Winnie the Pooh themed plaque on the back on which the orange paint violates federal lead paint standards.
Give lots of attention to the doll so that your child understands that going on the potty is a big deal.
"All you need for a potty is a hole and a bag to catch what comes out."