from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be given, displayed, or offered: presentable gifts; presentable attire.
- adj. Fit for introduction to others: presentable relatives.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In good enough shape that someone or something can be shown to other people, tidy, attractive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable or admitting of being presented; suitable to be exhibited, represented, or offered; fit to be brought forward or set forth; hence, fitted to be introduced to another, or to go into society
- adj. Admitting of the presentation of a clergiman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being presented; qualified or suitable for presentation.
- Capable of being offered for perception or understanding; capable of being made known: as, an idea presentable only in language.
- Suitable for being offered as a gift.
- Eccles.: Capable of being presented to a church living: as, a presentable clerk.
- Capable of receiving the presentation of a clerk: as, “churches presentable,” Ayliffe, Parergon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fit to be seen
COLLINS: Chris, we know Mr. Devlin's attorneys have concerns about what they call presentable clothing for that -- for that video that they'll be doing.
Donâ€ ™ t you feel the pressure of always looking presentable, which is expected from Bollywood actresses?
She really wasn't very "presentable" in her house dress, but what moved me was her interest in life itself; literally using her window looking onto life in the street - she is ever interested in what passes her way - that spirit of hopefulness gives us all hope!
She really wasn't very "presentable" in her house dress, but what moved me was her interest in life itself; literally using her window looking onto life in the street- she is ever interested in what passes her way- that spirit of hopefulness gives us all hope!
Well this one can be called my first "presentable" art done with Corel Painter ...
I'm really really happy everyone enjoyed this cake: it was the first "presentable" layering-frosting experience for me, and your comments give me encouragement to try more of these!
As for "presentable," I did not use the word in the sense of that wonderful German adjective salonfÃ¤hig, but simply as "worth looking at."
But just as Mr. Kissinger, a "presentable" Jew, became a hit in the WASP-y glam world of 70's society, so Moby has won admirers by being a "presentable" pop star.
My father has gone to bed for his afternoon nap, having just chosen someone "presentable" to take over Billy's job.
The very speed with which she adjusted her hair and made it "presentable," as her mother had expressed it, brought back the cruel memory of what had happened only a few minutes previously.