from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Appropriate, suitable, or proper.
- adj. Pleasing or attractive to the eye.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of become.
- n. The act or process in which something becomes.
- adj. pleasingly suitable to the particular person involved.
- adj. decent, respectable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Appropriate or fit; congruous; suitable; graceful; befitting.
- n. That which is becoming or appropriate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fit; suitable; congruous; proper; belonging to the character, or adapted to the circumstances: formerly sometimes followed by of.
- Suitable to the appearance or style of; be-fitting esthetically: as, a becoming dress.
- n. Something worn as an ornament.
- n. That which is suitable, fit, or appropriate.
- n. In metaphysics, the transition from non-existence into existence; an intermediate state between being and not being; a state of flux; the state of that which begins to be, but does not endure; change; development: opposed to being.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. according with custom or propriety
- adj. displaying or setting off to best advantage
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The film cost $40 million, which means that Universal will have to hope for uncommonly strong legs as well as the title becoming a casual family rental choice over the next several years.
Her smile faded as he left the house, her expression becoming serious with concern.
He sighed, looking toward the woman, his expression becoming more serious.
My house burnded down, he says, his expression becoming utterly grave.
Then he canted his head to the side, his expression becoming pensive, his gaze faraway.
He turned to face Koloth, his expression becoming haunted as he thought of young Stephen Garrovick.
Vash groaned in frustration, her expression becoming almost that of a wild creature held against its will.
He shrugged, his expression becoming almost playful.
He pointed at the slave and closed his eyes, his expression becoming one of deep inner concentration.
Her attention switched to Trace, her expression becoming a little distant.