from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. About to appear or take place; approaching: the forthcoming elections.
- adj. Available when required or as promised: Federal funds were not forthcoming.
- adj. Affable and outgoing: a considerate, forthcoming person.
- adj. Candid and willing to cooperate.
- n. The act or an instance of coming forth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Approaching or about to take place.
- adj. Available when needed.
- adj. Considerate and affable; willing to cooperate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Ready or about to appear; making appearance.
- adj. Candid; frank; not withholding relevant information; cooperative in providing information.
- adj. Having an agreeable and sociable personality; friendly.
- adj. Available or ready at the time required.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coming forth.
- n. In Scots law, the action by which an arrestment is made effectual. In this action the arrestee and common debtor are called before the judge to hear judgment given; the debt is ordered to be paid, or the effects are ordered to be delivered up to the arresting creditor, or the matter is otherwise disposed of.
- About to come forth or out; about to appear; in such a position or condition, as a person or a thing, that his or its presence when needed can be counted on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. available when required or as promised
- adj. of the relatively near future
- adj. at ease in talking to others
And his government will, at some point, be seized of the report that will be forthcoming from the Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Anti-Semitism.
While many of the writers noted above are relatively new, a couple possibly even more fresher than I've enjoyed and who I look forward to reading more from are Dana Copthorn (The Steam Magnate) and for a bit more traditional (but not really) Lane Robins (Maledicte, and Kings and Assassin forthcoming) who I think went WAY under the radar last year.
July 2nd, 2009 1: 03 pm ET sanford has lost all credibility. he needs to resign and return to the private sector. he has not been forthcoming from the first, lying to his wife and family, to the state of S. C, to his voters. he might have also lied to maria, his mistress in argentina. jenny is delusional by holding onto mark sanford who truly loves another woman.
Speaking out and demanding answers that are not forthcoming from the democrats who dont even read this bill is somehow extreme?
Such positive feedback was not forthcoming from the model for Duke, the self-obsessed, utterly unscrupulous epitome of evil who has sent a chill down readers 'spines for all these years.
"We intend to address these and other special circumstances in forthcoming regulations."
Charity auction for characters names in forthcoming sf novels by great writers
The winning recipes each week will appear in forthcoming Food52 cookbooks.
Paul and Rachel Chandler have now been held by Somali pirates since October, and there seems to be no aid forthcoming from the British government – is this really the reaction we should be getting from a political party supposedly courting votes for a forthcoming election?
The memoir of another of the instructors, the Swiss wrestler Armand Cherpillod, includes a very cloak-and-dagger tale about his teaching a wealthy woman at the Club, only to later discover that she was a “plant” who was passing his wrestling tricks on to his opponents in forthcoming matches.