from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a short time; soon: She will arrive presently.
- adv. Usage Problem At this time or period; now: He is presently staying with us.
- adv. Archaic At once; immediately.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. With actual presence; in actuality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. At present; at this time; now.
- adv. At once; without delay; forthwith; also, less definitely, soon; shortly; before long; after a little while; by and by.
- adv. With actual presence; actually .
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In presence; personally; actually.
- At present; now; at the time spoken of.
- Immediately; by and by; in a little time; soon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the near future
- adv. at this time or period; now
Though his name presently escapes me, he introduced himself and told me about the sudden reassignment to the 000 level of the stadium.
Beyond this presently is a little glade, the loveliest in Sussex; in spring it is patterned with primroses, and windflowers shake their fragile bells and show their silver stars above them.
So the yes, very sudden mass hysteria & violent rank hatreds being whipped up by various forces in this 'debate' presently is stuff we've largely not seen for almost 40-50 years.
China, presently, is second, with 979 kilometers of total track.
Spain presently holds the presidency of the EU Council of Ministers and there has been a meeting in Madrid between members of the EU Parliament and members of the US Congress (one of those summer junkets for legislators) and on the margins of that meeting the Spanish Foreign Minister said: -
It may well be that what we are most needful of presently is neither more wars nor more laws, but more prudence in the making ofboth.
He presently is on a “mystery” assignment in the Bayou City.
What we are seeing presently is the inevitable fall-out from a global economy that, as yet, has not developed any coordinated international governance to correct market failures.
Gratitude for what you have presently is one mind-opener.
Robert Holguin presently serves as President of the 38 year old organization.