from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In actual truth or fact: The horseshoe crab isn't really a crab at all.
- adv. Truly; genuinely: That was a really enjoyable evening.
- adv. Indeed: Really, you shouldn't have done it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Actually; in fact; in reality.
- adv. Very (modifying an adjective); very much (modifying a verb).
- interj. Indicating surprise at, or requesting confirmation of, some new information; to express skepticism.
- interj. Indicating that what was just said was obvious and unnecessary; contrived incredulity
- interj. Indicating affirmation, agreement.
- interj. Indicating displeasure at another person's behaviour or statement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Royally.
- adv. In a real manner; with or in reality; actually; in truth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- in a real manner; with or in reality; in fact, and not in appearance only; in truth; actually; truly.
- Indeed; to tell the truth; as a fact: often used as a slight corroboration of an opinion or declaration, or interrogatively or exclamatorily to express slight surprise.
- Synonyms Truly, absolutely, certainly, verily, positively.
- Royally; in a royal or regal manner; like a king.
- To form or arrange again; recompose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in actual fact
- adv. in accordance with truth or fact or reality
- adv. in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers)
- adv. used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal
Thank ghod it's not really a mainstream news organization, or the markets would *really* tank.
I think you really need to ponder how much of your reaction is based off of what is _really_ there and how much is off inference, based on conjecture that is heavily drawn from someone elses biases and hangups and both bolstered and watered down by anything as murky and prone to misunderstanding as the written word.
ANG itz funny thought i was the only one that noticed that Transformers 2 didnt really have a sensible plot ...everyone seemed to love it ....well audience members ..really good to come on here and see my fellow film geeks call it out like it izzz !
This headline really, * really* needs to be changed.
For the folks who are * really, really* afraid - as in elderly and retired - of the economic fallout that is sure to come, this taps into their cold war responses.
All the GOP crap like these makes me * really, really, really* want this election to be over today (by destroying them to pieces, of course).
Sounds as if the really right-wing nuts are looking at him as preventing their ability to * really* go after Obama --- wishes that Barracuda Sarah were at the top of the ticket and able to really take up the fight, no holes barred!
We had been friends since her sons were little guys, long before she and I morphed from really, really hot (okay, maybe just one \ "really\") into women of the vintage marketers target when they\'re hawking hundred dollar face creams.
It's not so much 'been there' but more 'really seen it', and I mean *really* seen it.
It wasn't the *most* beautiful cake I've seen not many from that show are, just because of how difficult it can be to make something within their time limits, but it really felt more like a gift to KV, and I *really* liked that!