from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of secluding.
- n. The state of being secluded. See Synonyms at solitude.
- n. A secluded place or abode.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of secluding, or the state of being secluded; a shutting out or keeping apart, or the state of being shut out, as from company, society, the world, etc.; retirement; privacy; solitude: as, to live in seclusion.
- n. A secluded place.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of secluding, or the state of being secluded; separation from society or connection; a withdrawing; privacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of secluding, or the state of being secluded: a shutting out or keeping apart, or the state of being shut out, as from company, society, the world, etc.; retirement; privacy; solitude: as, to live in seclusion.
- n. A secluded place.
- n. = Syn.1. Retirement, Loneliness, etc. See solitude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of secluding yourself from others
- n. the quality of being secluded from the presence or view of others
To-morrow I seek the seclusion of the convent at Park Square -- isn't _seclusion_ good?
Therefore your seclusion is the wisest way in the world to elbow off old Winter and welcome back the sunshine of May.
Unless you're living in seclusion out near those nukes that went offline in Wyoming, you know the Giants 'can finally win the World Series as San Franciscans.
Family spokesperson Stephanie Ruscigno said Friday night that Robinson is in seclusion, recovering from major surgery and suffering greatly from the loss of her only son.
Those "Tea Baggers", "Birthers", and other right wingers are typically paranoids who live in seclusion while listening to Right Wing Radio and watching Fox News ..
They'll polish their acts in seclusion before weekend rehearsals at Staples Center, where the Grammy Awards will be staged at 8 p.m. live ET/tape-delay PT on CBS.
Extremely wealthy, he spent much of the 1980s in seclusion on the Isle of Man, rather than do the usual round of TV game and chat shows, though he made something of a return to prominence in the 1990s, looking hale and trim.
Otherwise it'll probably be quite a while before I'm able to listen to it in seclusion and/or on headphones to really listen to the words.
Look at the recent case of the virulently homophobic state senator Ashburn of California, who is now in seclusion after having been arrested for DUI while in the company of a young man he met at a Sacramento gay bar.
"For the VAs who work in seclusion, in their own office, these concepts could be of benefit to them, of course they would need to have a laptop, even if it was just for one day a week or month it would get them out and working in a different environment and share time with others."