from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 1024.
- n. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1042.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A trillion trillion: 1 followed by 24 zeros, 1024.
- n. A billion quintillion: 1 followed by 42 zeros, 1042.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. According to the French method of numeration (which is followed also in the United States), the number expressed by a unit with twenty-four ciphers annexed. According to the English method, the number expressed by a unit with forty-two ciphers annexed. See numeration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the British system of numeration, a million raised to the seventh power; a number expressed by unity followed by forty-two ciphers.
- n. In the French numeration, generally taught in the United States, the eighth power of a thousand; a thousand sextillions.
- n. The cardinal numeral obtained from a septillion: used like hundred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the number that is represented as a one followed by 24 zeros
Just pony up $15 septillion (15 followed by 24 zeroes).
One septillion activities going on simultaneously, and your body does this so well you are free to ignore it, and wonder instead when this speech will end.
The total cellular activity in one human body is staggering: one septillion actions at any one moment, a one with twenty-four zeros after it.
It now has two septillion Proto-synaptic connections.
As I write this, there has been no bailout passed and enacted, no $999 gazillion dollars has been deposited directly into Henry Paulson's off-shore account, and no CEOs in the last 48 hours have been granted $800 septillion dollar bonuses for turning their once-vibrant companies into a fecal smear.
Leaving aside the squabbling about whether the universe arrived in 6 days, minutes, millennia or a few septillion years, the fact is, natural selection depends on accident to work.
Volunteers work a septillion hours getting ready for this week.
Everyone who loves me for who I am, in spite of my septillion faults.
So if you want your bacon and eggs served with a side of a septillion dollars, this weekend, then toss the turtle, saw the horse, (INAUDIBLE) buy the bookie, marry the bookie, do whatever you want to the bookie, but call now.
Because I make you a septillion dollars every single week.