from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To slap on the buttocks with a flat object or with the open hand, as for punishment.
- intransitive v. To move briskly or spiritedly.
- n. A slap on the buttocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To beat, smack or slap a person's buttocks, with the bare hand or other object, as punishment, gesture or form of sexual interaction.
- v. To soundly defeat, to trounce.
- v. To move rapidly.
- n. An instance of spanking, separately or part of a multiple blows-beating; a smack, swat or slap.
- n. A slapping sound, as produced by spanking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A blow with the open hand; a slap.
- intransitive v. To move with a quick, lively step between a trot and gallop; to move quickly.
- transitive v. To strike, as the breech, with the open hand; to slap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To move with a quick springing step between a trot and a gallop; move quickly and with spirit. See spanking.
- To strike with the open hand, or with something flat and hard; slap with force on the buttocks.
- To urge by slapping or striking; impel forcibly; drive; produce some specified effect upon by spanking or slapping.
- To pound, beat, or slap the water in sailing, as a boat.
- n. A sounding blow with the open hand or something flat, especially upon the buttocks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give a spanking to; subject to a spanking
- n. a slap with the flat of the hand
I find that when you are a good behavior manager in general, the need to spank is minimal.
He is just as bad and stuck in the authoritarian rut because he doesn't get more creative in his methodology than to advocate (strongly as in blah-blah-blah, the Bible commands you spank, which is not true,) draconian parenting.
(I don't like to say "spank" - it's hitting, beating.
It will be necessary to "spank" the Palin/Beck/Limbaugh/Drudge forces back into the submission of reason.
But there's a deeply ingrained part of my mind and my libido that inevitably gets turned on when I hear the word "spank," that starts to conjure erotic images and stories.
Let's REMOVE the word "spank" from our vocabulary.
Peyton Manning will then 'spank' Drew Brees: Now if they just made half-and-half jerseys...
And they "spank" with nightsticks, tasers and guns.
Use our Spineless Citations to "spank" the political wimps who aided them by voting for the Kyl-Lieberman Amendment.
I told my freshmen last week that before they write down their email address for me, they should think carefully about whether it contains the words "spank," "sexy," "ass," or anything related to how "hot" they are.