from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The scientific study of the viscera and its organs.
- n. The characteristics and structure of the visceral system of an animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The scientific study of the viscera.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of anatomy which treats of the viscera; also, a treatise on the viscera.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sum of scientific knowledge concerning viscera.
New Latin splanchno-, of viscera (from Greek splankhna, viscera) + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ancient Greek σπλάγχνα (splankha, "viscera") + -ology (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.