from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who squats, sits down idly.
- n. A large-scale grazier and landowner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who squats
- n. See Squat snipe, under Squat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which squats.
- n. One who settles on new land, particularly on public land, without a title.
- n. Hence One who or that which assumes domiciliary rights without a title.
- n. One who obtains from the government a right of pasturage on moderate terms; also, any stock-owner.
- n. In ornithology, same as krieker.
- To plunge into or through water.
- To make a noise like a flock of wild fowl flapping their wings against or through the water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who settles on land without right or title
- n. someone who settles lawfully on government land with the intent to acquire title to it
More than 1.3 million Haitians live in squatter camps, facing disgruntled landowners and violent evictions, with no international or government plan to move or house them.
Creating cell and house churches builds on existing social and family networks in squatter communities.
Additional benefits are bringing employment to people in squatter cities, recycling lots of electronic components and creating economic development where it is needed most.
People in squatter cities pay about $75.00 per year for kerosene.
Our collective priority for the near term must be to evict the Crawford squatter from the White House.
Traditional Marxist theory has ignored this phenomenon, for there was no equivalent to Latin American squatter settlements in nineteenth-century Europe; the flow of peasants into the cities occurred at a slower pace and there were more industrial jobs available to absorb new migrants into the working class.
Police clash with protesters as long-term squatter camp evicted in U.K.
The largest domain squatter of them all, Scott – is godaddy (technically wildwestdomains, but they’re owned by GD so it’s the same bucket of chum).
It’s designed as a light source people in squatter citiesand elsewhere who have limited or no power.
And he has been called a squatter by the alleged owner.