from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The natural height of a human or animal in an upright position.
- n. An achieved level; status.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person or animal's natural height when standing upright
- n. respect coming from achievement or development
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The natural height of an animal body; -- generally used of the human body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The natural height of an animal body; bodily tallness; sometimes, full height: generally used of the human body.
- n. A statue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. high level of respect gained by impressive development or achievement
- n. (of a standing person) the distance from head to foot
Its good to know someone of your stature is a heartful journalsit!
The murders are garish and gruesome, as Vail investigates the crime scene of each victim, until an important person of stature is horrifically murdered, changing the whole profile of the killer, but also presenting some terrifying links to Vail herself.
Who knows, given the impending collapse of the dollar (with its future value ranking somewhere below Monopoly [TM] money), the currencies of Armenia and the Ukraine just might rise in stature sufficiently to enable the birth of such entities.
Hemight not succeed, but he's facing up tothe problems and growing in stature all the time in doing so.
I doubt such a drop in stature by itself will accrue to the benefit of most Americans, although, being an optimist, I believe Americans will nonetheless live better than they do today.
My experience is that smaller in stature types revert to batons and CS far quicker than those that have stature.
A good thing, as the show just grew in stature for me as the silent anticipation mounted.
Several people have asked my why "a writer of [my] stature" is self-publishing online.
But despite their mechanical composition, the Terminators are — for the most part — smaller in stature than the swift Na'vi, who also have the advantage of free will.
Birds no less in stature, pay their respects on their way to our northern friends.